WSCC’s Iqaluit and Yellowknife office are closed to in-person services. WSCC employees continue to work remotely. Call 1 (800) 661-0792 to be directed to a service provider. To report a serious workplace incident, visit WSCC Connect.
RTW Process for Workers
Get first aid and/or medical treatment:
- Get medical treatment or first aid as required; and
- If necessary, your employer will provide transportation to a medical centre.
Communicate and Collaborate:
- If unable to return to work immediately, tell your employer and keep them informed with regular communication;
- Communicate at least every two weeks with your WSCC Case Manager to update them on your recovery; and
- Participate in prescribed treatment and rehabilitation programs.
Identify Suitable Work:
- Work with your employer, health care provider, and the WSCC to identify suitable work and create a RTW plan; and
- Contact WSCC as soon as you and your employer identify suitable work to discuss it with your Case Manager.
- Meet regularly with your employer to discuss progress, concerns, etc.;
- Make any necessary adjustments to the RTW plan;
- Continue to attend medical and rehabilitation appointments; and
- Continue to maintain contact with your WSCC Case Manager to discuss progress.
- You recover and return to pre-injury job duties or new permanent modified duties.