The following steps assist employers with getting an injured worker back to work.
RTW Process for Employers
First Aid/Medical Treatment:
- Provide first aid/medical aid;
- If needed, provide transportation to the nearest medical centre; and
- Request that your worker provide a copy of the Functional Abilities form (on page 2 of First Medical Report) from the health care provider following their appointment. (If this is not provided, you can request this information from the WSCC).
Communicate and Collaborate:
- Contact the worker as soon as possible after the injury and maintain regular, frequent contact throughout their recovery;
- Contact the WSCC regularly to share updates on the worker’s prognosis and suitable work options; and
- If there is a job demands analysis or job description for the worker’s job and possible suitable work, provide it to the WSCC.
- Check- in with the worker regularly;
- Provide updates to the WSCC every two weeks; and
- Communicate any progress, problems, or concerns with the WSCC.
Return to Work Completion:
- Worker fully recovers and returns to their pre-injury job; or
- Worker reaches maximum recovery and requires permanent accommodation.